Re-engaging young people in learning
Youth Space offers case management and flexible learning as a complete package for young men and women, aged 14-18 who have disengaged from mainstream schooling.
The Youth Space West program offers:
- Experiential learning through project participation
- Foundation skills using BKSB for assessment and skills development planning
- Career development, using the Core Skills for Work Development Framework (CSFW) and the Australian Blueprint for Career Development (ABCD)
Youth Space West provides a client centered case management model, tailored to the individual's needs, skills and desired outcomes.
The program has a focus on essential core educational needs, especially numeracy and literacy.
As part of their case plan, students can work towards:
- Return to school either part time or full time, or
- Vocational skills training
Workshop / Practical skills area
Youth Space West offers a diverse range of projects and skill areas that are tailored to the individual needs of each student.
Each student has an individually negotiated program, but attendance is usually 1 to 2 days per week.
The workshop area operates Monday to Thursday from 10.00 am to 2.30 pm during school terms.
- Technology - 3D printing, robotics, circuitry, CNC
- Art and graphic design, screen printing
- Timber or metal work projects
- Bike building, maintenance and repair